Monday, September 3, 2012

Buenos Aires


So we've settled in Buenos Aires for awhile. The questions we keep getting are how did that happen and for how long? Well, it really wasn't planned, it just sort of happened. While in Cuba we decided we weren't really ready to come home quite yet. We still had the urge to get down to South America and so it was decided that we would get an apartment for at least a month and instead of moving around, living out of hotels, we would become temporary residents of Buenos Aires. I had already been to BA a few years ago and really wanted to bring Nathaniel here. We got extremely lucky and found an amazing flat within 3 days of being in the city for $500 a month! If you haven't seen the pics on facebook, we've posted a few for you. While we are here, we plan to practice and perfect our Spanish, eat lots of Italian food and asados (their grilled meat), and try to act like portenos (BA locals.) We will also look for work, just in case we decide we want to stay here longer, which I think we already do! And blessed as it may be, a few days ago I got rehired by Beacon, my dear friend Pallavi's company, so I will be working part time from home. 
 I'm the happiest little camper over here because if you know me at all, you know I love having a house and making it "home". But this may be new for most of you... I've become domesticated. I cook dinner every night. I guess eating out for 4 months is what it takes for a girl to like to cook! You would hardly recognize me in the kitchen...and nathaniel says the food even tastes good.

All we need now is some visitors, so come visit us!  

3 comments:

  1. Beacon needs to do a personal inspection of all offices. I'm going to India in November. When should we schedule the BA inspection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could come visit you, I would. I have always wanted to go to Argentina! I'm glad married life is agreeing so well with you. You guys always look so happy :) Keep enjoying this little adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, man! You guys are such an inspiration, you are living the life for sure! I'm so excited for you two and can't wait to see all that life in South America has to offer....it's a dream to move back down to the Latin countries again in my life, so this is such a treat to read about. :)

    ReplyDelete